Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Running Shoes

I finally got some new shoes... my Nike + app is telling me that since I started using Nike + I have logged... over 700 miles!  Most of those miles have been on these old poor shoes I bought last year when I decided to become a REAL runner!  I am sentimental... I ran my first 1/2 marathon in these shoes.  I have to let go.  Sniff Sniff.


I ventured north about an hour (we do not have a specialized running store where I live) and paid a visit to Fairhaven Runners in Bellingham, WA. 


The store was extremely busy (good for them) and I had to wait for someone to help me.  I never felt like they were ignoring me but the wait was interesting with my 4 year old son in tow.  Finally it was my turn.  I told the sales guy about how long I had been running and showed him my Mizunos (I brought them with me).  I tried on several pairs... some of the new version of Mizunos... Nike... and some other brands until I decided on Asics.  Price and fit came into play of course.  These have a good fit and felt great when I took them for a test run up and down the sidewalk in front of the store.  I spent a little more than I had thought I would but they felt so good and you just shouldn't cut corners on your shoes!

 
 
 


I am happy with the purchase but a little sad to see my Mizunos just sitting on the back shelf in the closet...  I ended up purchasing a size 10 1/2... geez... what is the next size up?  Does the box just say SKI on it?  Having 3 kids does have it's blessings but not so much on the size of your feet.

 
I can't wait to try them out... it is the first day of Spring but of course it is raining buckets outside so the treadmill is where I will be. **weather update - evidently Spring decided to show up... the sun is shining in Western Washington!  I think I will still stick with the treadmill since I have my 4 year old this morning until he heads to Preschool.
 
 
 

Yeah for new shoes!  I have a 10K this weekend so that is where they will get "broken in" ... can't wait!  This will be my first "race" since my Half Marathon in January!  I am itching to put a number back on!

** Ran 6.25 miles on the new shoes (treadmill) - I had to stop a couple of times to adjust the laces but the end of the run was great... I like them!



1 comment:

  1. Yesterday, I saw my running shoes and it was too old. I decided to buy new one so, I asked my sister to help me. She shared your blog with me contains very awesome running shoes. Thank you for sharing this one.

    If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://www.boex.tv/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...