Thursday, September 25, 2014

On deck... 11th Half Marathon this Sunday...

I have another Half Marathon coming up this Sunday... my 11th since January of 2013.  I haven't run a Half since June... that is over 3 months ago.   I have done a few shorter distance races this summer but nothing close to a half. 

I am excited, nervous, have a bit of a sense of dread... but I have learned by doing a few of these that envisioning the finish is very helpful to me.  I have done the training and I know I can finish.  Picturing the medal and how I will feel when I finish.  That helps me with "pre race jitters". 

The medal for this Sunday's race is an interesting design... I have to say I was a little disappointed when I saw the preview of it on Facebook.  I ran this race last year and the medal was really cool... and a fancy ribbon to boot.  The medals are important to me... I kind of loved the sticker charts in Kindergarten so this is probably why I love the medals.  Bling motivated...


Last years (2013) shirt and medal (the orange ribbon is the Half)
 
 2014 Medals and shirts
The Half version of the medal is probably smaller...
 
I am looking forward to this Sunday... running in Bellingham, Washington is beautiful and the course will be fun.  I have some friends who will be participating so seeing them will be fun too.  I am not looking forward to some of the hills on this course (I HATE hills) and do not expect to break any of my time records for this distance.  I want to finish and to be still smiling at the end!  Like last year!
 

2013 Bellingham Bay Half Finish
 
Also in the back of my mind is my schedule for races coming up...  I have another Half in 2 weeks and then ANOTHER Half 2 weeks after that!  The Biggest Loser Half and the Snohomish River Run Half (a new race to me) Those both promise "flat and fast" courses.  So maybe I can break my time barrier?  Maybe? 
 
I have once again registered for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend at Disneyland for 2015. 
 
January 2014 - Disneyland
 
 
The Tinker Bell Half Marathon weekend will take place in May of 2015.  I would LOVE to be able to turn in a little faster time for corral placement for that weekend.  We shall see!   I am registered for the 5K, the 10K and the Half for that weekend!  I figure if you are going to be at Disneyland... run ALL the races! 
 
 
Well... that updates my racing for now... I will check back and turn in a race report from this Sunday's Half.  Make sure I am still alive and finished!
 
 
 
 
How close do you schedule your races together?
 
 
If you could (or have) run at Disney (Land or World)... what is your favorite race to date?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...